FAIMS 2.6 Support
FAIR data is Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable. To learn more about the collection and curation of FAIR data see the ARDC website. Here you can find a self assessment tool. (Publications about FAIR data are also included below.)
FAIMS Project Bibliography
This bibliography is rendered from our Zotero public bibliography. It includes our own publications, those of our colleagues and other useful material. You can browse by type or year, or search all citations. Please note the search is case sensitive.
- Sobotkova, Adela, Shawn Adrian Ross, Petra Hermankova, Susan Lupak, Christian Nassif-Haynes, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, and Panagiota Kasimi. 2021. “Deploying an Offline, Multi-User Mobile System for Digital Recording of Landscape Archaeology in the Perachora Peninsula, Greece.” Journal of Field Archaeology.Journal of Field Archaeology
- Ross, Shawn A, and Brian Ballsun-Stanton. 2020. “Introducing Preregistration of Research Design to Archaeology.” In Digital Heritage and Archaeology in Practice, edited by Ethan Watrall and Lynne Goldstein. Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida. https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/sbwcq.
- VanValkenburgh, Parker, Luiza O G Silva, Chiara Repetti-Ludlow, Jake Gardner, Jackson Crook, and Brian Ballsun-Stanton. 2018. “Mobilization as Mediation: Implementing a Tablet-Based Recording System for Ceramic Classification.” Advances in Archaeological Practice, 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1017/aap.2018.12.Advances in Archaeological Practice
- Thorne, Robert, Nathan Reid, David Gray, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, Nicki Bardwell, Jens Klump, Aaron Davis, Shawn Ross, and Adela Sobotkova. 2018. “M436 Distal Footprints: UNCOVER Australia - Hydrogeochemistry of the Capricorn Orogen.” EP182906. CSIRO. http://dx.doi.org/10.25919/5cddb339279ec.
- Sobotkova, Adela. 2018. “Sociotechnical Obstacles to Archaeological Data Reuse.” Advances in Archaeological Practice 6 (2): 117–124. https://doi.org/10.1017/aap.2017.37.Publisher: Cambridge University PressAdvances in Archaeological Practice
- Ballsun-Stanton, Brian, Shawn Adrian Ross, Adela Sobotkova, and Penny Crook. 2018. “FAIMS Mobile: Flexible, Open-Source Software for Field Research.” SoftwareX 7C (January): 47–52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2017.12.006.SoftwareXSoftwareX
- Sobotkova, Adela, Shawn Adrian Ross, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, Andrew Fairbairn, Jessica Thompson, and Parker VanValkenburgh. 2016. “Measure Twice, Cut Once: Cooperative Deployment of a Generalized, Archaeology-Specific Field Data Collection System.” In Mobilizing the Past for a Digital Future: The Potential of Digital Archaeology, edited by Erin Walcek Averett, Jody Michael Gordon, and Derek B Counts, 337–371. Grand Forks, ND: The Digital Press @ University of North Dakota. http://dc.uwm.edu/arthist_mobilizingthepast/15.
- Sobotkova, Adela, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, Shawn Ross, and Penny Crook. 2015. “Arbitrary Offline Data Capture on All of Your Androids: The FAIMS Mobile Platform.” In Across Space and Time. Papers from the 41st Annual Conference of Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA), edited by Arianna Traviglia, 80–88. Amsterdam University Press.
- Ross, Shawn Adrian, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, Adela Sobotkova, and Penny Crook. 2015. “Building the Bazaar: Enhancing Archaeological Field Recording Through an Open Source Approach.” In Open Source Archaeology: Ethics and Practice, edited by Andrew T Wilson and Ben Edwards, 111–129. Warsaw, Poland: De Gruyter Open. http://www.degruyter.com/view/books/9783110440171/9783110440171-009/9783110440171-009.xml.
- Ross, Shawn Adrian, Adela Sobotkova, Brian Ballsun-Stanton, and Penny Crook. 2013. “Creating Eresearch Tools For Archaeologists: The Federated Archaeological Information Management Systems Project.” Australian Archaeology 77 (1): 107–119. https://doi.org/10.1080/03122417.2013.11681983.Australian Archaeology